Bloor Home 149 houses
Planning application - Bloor Homes - 149 houses Station Road Lower Stondon
Bloor Homes have put in a revised application and layoutWe have been advised of a major planning application adjacent to our Parish.Combined with the proposal by Barrett homes for 144 new homes this would create an even greater drain on our resources over that from Bovis’ 172 houses (some in development) and Welbeck’s successful application to add 85 houses.
The main changes to the plans are summarised as:
- Eastern parcel re-designed to provide an outward-facing development in accordance with advice from the acousticians, and in response to consultation responses received from the EHO and the landscape officer.
- A new footpath link along the southern and eastern boundary of the eastern parcel provides pedestrian movement away from the road network, whilst maximising the verdant maturity of the boundary landscaping and the linear open space created.
- The LEAP has been re-positioned and is now centrally located within the scheme, closer to, and more accessible to, existing residents to the south.
- All units fronting the northern boundary in the western parcel have been orientated to face out onto the agricultural edge, with gardens set behind the buildings – this follows advice from the acoustician and responds specifically to consultation comments from the EHO.
- Focal / key buildings will be visually identifiable creating a sense of place, i.e. will include chimneys and be demarcated by changes in external materials (i.e. render).
- All development now falls outside of the tree canopies and associated root protection areas (RPA’s) to ensure as much existing planting is retained.
- The loop road in the western parcel has been removed and replaced by 2 no. roads and a footpath link.
- All shared surface roads have been widened to 8.8m (4.8m carriageway and 2 no. 2m footpaths / verges).
- 3 no. footpath links are provided to the public footpath located to the north of the site boundary enabling access to the rights of way network.
- 2 no. “Links to future development” are provided – one on the eastern boundary, the other on the western boundary to comply with the proposed allocation and to ensure a future joined up approach.
- Site for Community Facility retained in existing location, located to the rear of the doctors surgery with a focus on community use.
We always welcome members of the community to Parish Council meetings and specifically have a session at the beginning for a brief open forum.
The following is the current list of recent development proposals.
Applications being considered
Hillside Road approx. 40 Feb 2018 CB/18/00223/OUT
Hillside Road Village Hall and associated works CB/18/00231/FULL
Bloor 149 June 2018 CB/18/00181/FULL
Barrett (Outside the parish/NHDC) 144 houses Aug 2018 Ref 18/01622/FP.
Applications already approved
Welbeck 85 houses Approved June 2017 CB/16/05229/OUT
Bovis Stondon Park (Phase 2) 80 houses Approved Nov 2016 CB/16/02314/FULL
Transport Museum 25 houses Approved 2016 CB/16/03105/OUT
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Parish Council and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.